This week in baseball blogs…
- Pirates Breakdown (links: 1, 2), The Point of Pittsburgh and DiNardo’s Dugout (podcast) react to the franchise-altering trades the Bucs have made in the past week.
- Astros County analyzes the club’s acquisition of Gerrit Cole from the Pirates.
- Good Fundies borrows from “The Simpsons” to weigh the pros and cons of the Mets signing Adrian Gonzalez, while Musings Of A Baseball Addict is skeptical of the move.
- Jays Journal shares a podcast interview with Blue Jays legend Tony Fernandez.
- Sports Talk Philly speaks with Phillies slugger Rhys Hoskins.
- Rox Pile talks with Rockies first baseman Ryan McMahon.
- NatsGM (podcast) interviews agent Joshua Kusnick, who provides insight into the business and discusses being fired by former clients Kenley Jansen and Lorenzo Cain.
- Extra Innings UK chats with Indians prospect Todd Isaacs, who recently hosted a prospect-laden home run derby in the Bahamas.
- Camden Depot has a plan for fixing MLB’s economics.
- BP Toronto posits that the slow offseason could make it easier for the Blue Jays to extend Josh Donaldson.
- Fish Stripes revisits last offseason’s trade in which the Marlins sent Luis Castillo to the Reds for Dan Straily.
- STL Hat Trick names five moves the Cardinals should have made by this point of the offseason.
- FSH Baseball imagines how Edgar Martinez’s career might have gone had he played the field.
- East Village Times argues that the Padres shouldn’t spend big this offseason.
- World Series Dreaming focuses on potential breakout players for the Cubs.
- The K Zone looks at the stars-and-scrubs approach to roster building.
- The Sports Tank and BoSox Injection write about Boston’s ongoing pursuit of J.D. Martinez.
- NY Yankees Digest puts together a couple Yanks-Rays trade proposals centering on Chris Archer.
- The Loop Sports previews the White Sox’s bullpen for 2018.
- Jays From the Couch is optimistic about Joe Biagini’s chances of turning into a useful starter.
- District On Deck handicaps the Nationals’ No. 5 starter options.
- Chin Music Baseball lists five starting pitchers with plenty to prove in 2018.
- Motor City Bengals examines best- and worst-case scenarios for the 2018 Tigers.
- Hardball Via Hardcore assesses the Mariners’ offseason to date.
- The Giants Cove isn’t impressed with the club’s big-name acquisitions.
- Pinstriped Prospects runs down some Yankees whose days with the organization could be numbered.
- Mets Daddy criticizes ownership for stonewalling the media.
- Call to the Pen evaluates the Phillies’ in-house options for their rotation.
- The First Out At Third sees some hope for recently signed Brewers righty Yovani Gallardo.
- Dodgers Way forecasts potential non-roster invitees and minor league targets for the team.
- Kennedy’s Commentary isn’t thrilled with the three true outcomes style of baseball.
- Everything Bluebirds credits GM Ross Atkins for helping to restock the Blue Jays’ farm system.
- Bronx To Bushville highlights some of the Brewers’ winter league performances.
- Rotisserie Duck asks you to play GM with some of baseball’s richest contracts.
- Clubhouse Corner’s Bernie Pleskoff shares his Florida Spring Training Guide.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2) has a piece on the Twins’ hiring of Jim Kaat as a special assistant, and explains how Craig Biggio’s kids are following in the Hall of Famer’s footsteps.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors http://ift.tt/2n05JHR