This week in baseball blogs…
- SportsTalkPhilly.com ponders Phillies second baseman Cesar Hernandez’s future.
- Big Three Sports scouts several prospects, including Vladimir Guerrero Jr., Bo Bichette and Brendan Rodgers.
- The First Out At Third takes an early season look at the exit velocities of the Brewers’ hitters.
- The Point of Pittsburgh examines Starling Marte’s newfound ability to draw a walk.
- STL Hat Trick evaluates Yadier Molina’s excellent offensive start.
- DRays Bay polls readers on the futures of the Rays in Tampa Bay, the Athletics in Oakland, and Montreal’s chances of getting a franchise back.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed looks into whether a slew of players will be able to sustain their early 2018 success.
- District On Deck analyzes the April success Bryce Harper has enjoyed during his career.
- Mets Daddy says the red-hot club is in perfect position to take advantage of the division-rival Nationals’ slow start.
- The Loop Sports responds to the negative comments Pirates manager Clint Hurdle made about the Cubs’ Javier Baez on Thursday.
- The Sports Tank writes about a resurgent Rick Porcello.
- Jays From the Couch offers a retrospective of Roberto Osuna’s career to date.
- Chin Music Baseball details the early career peaks and valleys of Rhys Hoskins.
- Know Hitter names a couple catchers the Mets could target via trade.
- Pirates Breakdown is impressed with new Bucs Colin Moran and Corey Dickerson.
- Camden Depot regards Richard Bleier as the unsung hero of Baltimore’s bullpen.
- Notes from the Sally scouts Nationals outfield prospect Juan Soto.
- The 3rd Man In profiles and interviews Arkansas righty Blake Wright, one of the top prospects in this year’s draft class.
- Dodgers Way previews the club’s top three minor league teams.
- Good Fundies wonders what an ideal Mets lineup would look like.
- Minor League Ball scouts Yankees righty prospect Glenn Otto.
- The Redbird Daily sees elite potential in the Cardinals’ offense.
- 216Stitches focuses on Shohei Ohtani’s slider.
- Bronx Bomber Ball and The Runner Sports each recap this week’s Yankees-Red Sox dust-up.
- Friars On Base is pleased what the Padres have gotten from Eric Hosmer thus far.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2) hopes for a breakout from the Twins’ Max Kepler, and
profiles Astros shortstop prospect Freudis Nova.
- East Village Times lists six Padres who deserve playing time this season.
- MetsMerizedOnline.com sees Asdrubal Cabrera as a key piece for the Mets.
- Call to the Pen opines that the Phillies are starting to gel.
- MadFriars reports on Padres lefty Joey Lucchesi’s major league debut.
- Rising Apple wonders if Mets reliever Hansel Robles will be able to continue his early season success.
- Real McCoy Minor News covers the opener for the Twins’ Triple-A affiliate.
- Pinstriped Prospects talks with young Yankees lefty Josh Rogers.
- Everything Bluebirds observes that Yangervis Solarte is quickly emerging as a fan favorite in Toronto.
- The K Zone is optimistic about Mets shortstop Amed Rosario.
- Chris Zantow remembers the Brewers’ Opening Day snowout in 1973.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors https://ift.tt/2H302FW