This week in baseball blogs…
- Medium pays tribute to Ichiro Suzuki.
- Good Fundies and Mets Daddy says goodbye to Matt Harvey.
- Future Blue Jays asks if it’s time for Toronto to promote star prospect Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- The Loop Sports chats with White Sox director of scouting Nick Hostetler.
- Chin Music Baseball (links: 1, 2) names the 10 best and worst players of the season so far.
- Bronx Bomber Ball lists six players the Yankees could potentially target at the trade deadline.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed wonders what the Dodgers should do next.
- The Giants Cove assesses the Dodgers and the rest of the NL West.
- The Sports Tank focuses on Mookie Betts’ incredible season.
- Bronx To Bushville praises budding Mariners star Mitch Haniger.
- A’s Farm talks to Athletics infield prospect Sheldon Neuse.
- The Point of Pittsburgh and Locked On Pirates each have pieces on Bucs outfielder Corey Dickerson.
- Blue Jays Beat tries to figure out what’s wrong with Marcus Stroman.
- Rotisserie Duck runs down the league’s exit velocity leaders thus far.
- Notes from the Sally breaks down four intriguing pitchers in the Single-A South Atlantic League.
- The 3rd Man In shares a first-round mock draft.
- Minor League Ball scouts Braves prospect Dustin Peterson.
- Jays From the Couch posits that Toronto’s offense might be the most balanced in MLB.
- The K Zone explores ways the Dodgers could limit Walker Buehler’s innings.
- Friars On Base notes that Eric Hosmer’s Padres tenure is off to an excellent start.
- MetsMerizedOnline.com observes that the Mets have decisions to make at first base and in the outfield.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2) writes about Mexico’s role in the integration of baseball, and likens Sonny Gray to A.J. Burnett.
- BP Toronto (links: 1, 2) offers pieces on Blue Jays outfielder Teoscar Hernandez and reliever Tim Mayza.
- NatsGM.com puts together an in-depth scouting report on Nationals pitching prospect Wil Crowe.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2, 3) regards the NL East as one of baseball’s most intriguing divisions, asks where Ichiro ranks among the Mariners’ all-time greats, and looks at Phillies manager Gabe Kapler’s lineup strategy.
- East Village Times expects Padres third baseman Christian Villaneuva to remain a valuable contributor even if he regresses.
- Pinstriped Prospects features quotes from Yankees pitching prospect Justus Sheffield regarding his promotion from Double-A to Triple-A.
- Rox Pile names three strange numbers from the Rockies’ first month.
- Everything Bluebirds regards Kevin Pillar as an all-around force for the Blue Jays.
- Rising Apple makes a case for the Mets to keep Steven Matz in their rotation.
- Pirates Breakdown takes a look at Colin Moran’s first month-plus as a Buc.
- Ladodgereport reacts to Corey Seager’s season-ending surgery.
- Motor City Bengals talks to former major league righty Shane Loux.
- Foul Territory Baseball explains why we love power pitchers.
- We The People Sports believes baseball, with its strikeout-happy ways, is on the wrong track.
- Off The Bench details Diamondbacks utility player Daniel Descalso’s historically great results as a pitcher.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors https://ift.tt/2KFjKpp