This week in baseball blogs…
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed makes a case for the Dodgers to trade Clayton Kershaw.
- Musings Of A Baseball Addict has a different idea for the Dodgers, arguing that they should trade for Manny Machado.
- NY Yankees Digest advises the Bombers to pass on Kershaw if he hits free agency in the offseason.
- Chin Music Baseball names eight players who have gotten off to surprising starts this year.
- Clubhouse Corner’s Bernie Pleskoff discusses several players who have gotten off to slow starts.
- STL Hat Trick tries to find out why Matt Carpenter is off to such a poor start.
- Orioles Hangout shares an extensive piece on the O’s front office, and opines that the team should choose one person to be the unquestioned leader of its baseball operations department.
- Pirates Breakdown says the Bucs are better off without Andrew McCutchen.
- Rox Pile focuses on first base trade possibilities for the Rockies.
- Bronx To Bushville wonders if a turnaround will come for the Brewers’ struggling offense.
- SportsTalkPhilly.com praises Phillies center fielder Odubel Herrera.
- BP Toronto makes an argument for Blue Jays third base prospect Vladimir Guerrero Jr. to stay in the minors for the time being.
- Foul Territory Baseball writes about Vlad Jr. and a couple other high-end prospects, outfielders Eloy Jimenez (White Sox) and Juan Soto (Nationals).
- Notes From The Sally scouts Royals catcher prospect MJ Melendez.
- Sports Talk Florida explains why the Rays haven’t promoted infield prospect Willy Adames to the majors yet.
- PhoulBallz profiles and interviews Phillies outfield prospect Cornelius Randolph
- The 3rd Man In does the same with Oregon pitcher/draft prospect Matt Mercer.
- The Point of Pittsburgh studies stats and video to see what is wrong with Josh Bell’s swing.
- The Loop Sports interviews Dr. Demetrius Lopes, a Cerebrovascular Neurosurgeon at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, about White Sox reliever Danny Farquhar’s future.
- Rotisserie Duck runs down who has and hasn’t benefited from BABIP luck so far.
- Dodgers Way offers scouting reports on some of the team’s top High-A prospects.
- Everything Bluebirds notes that three inexpensive relief signings have come up big for the Blue Jays thus far.
- Camden Depot doesn’t have much hope for the Orioles.
- Locked On Pirates notices a downward trend in the Bucs’ pitch-framing skills.
- 216Stitches (podcast) discusses James Paxton and Luke Weaver, among other subjects.
- MetsMerizedOnline.com and Mets Daddy each have pieces on Matt Harvey’s exit from the organizaion.
- The Sports Tank is thrilled with J.D. Martinez’s performance in his first month-plus as a member of the Red Sox.
- The Runner Sports rounds up some first-round draft pick possibilities for the Astros.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2) ranks the most prolific “three true outcomes” hitters of all-time, and takes a look at some of the Phillies’ early season performances.
- Motor City Bengals names some of the best draft picks in Tigers history.
- Rising Apple hopes young infielder Luis Guillmore sticks with the Mets.
- Jays from the Couch argues that Toronto needs to move Joe Biagini back to the bullpen.
- Friars On Base sees Padres outfield prospect Franmil Reyes nearing the majors.
- The K Zone still has hope for Mets infield prospect Gavin Cecchini, their first-round pick in 2012.
- Pinstriped Prospects has a piece on young Yankees hurler Mike King.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors https://ift.tt/2KVv7JX