This week in baseball blogs..
- Good Fundies chronicles the meddling of Mets owners Fred Wilpon and Jeff Wilpon.
- Bronx To Bushville believes the Yankees have what it takes to win the trade deadline.
- Twins Daily debates which players Minnesota should consider extending.
- Rox Pile runs down players on each non-contender whom the Rockies should consider pursuing.
- FSH Baseball analyzes Juan Nicasio’s unusual season.
- Angels Avenue examines how Halos reliever Cam Bedrosian is adjusting to a drop in velocity.
- Bucs Dugout sees signs that Pirates outfielder Austin Meadows is a legit building block.
- Camden Depot focuses on the Orioles’ terrible outfield defense.
- Sports Talk Florida takes a look at the outside-the-box ways in which the Rays are trying to keep up with their higher-payroll division rivals.
- Foul Territory Baseball pays tribute to Red Schoendienst.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed proposes five big trades that that should happen by the deadline.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2) contends that Max Scherzer is the early NL MVP front-runner, and uncovers three Phillies-related statistics.
- The Sports Tank advises the Red Sox to move Drew Pomeranz to the bullpen.
- Outfield Fly Rule writes about the reinvention of Braves catcher Kurt Suzuki.
- Rising Apple asks if it was a mistake for the Mets to re-sign Yoenis Cespedes to a megadeal.
- Jays Journal interviews longtime Blue Jays reliever Duane Ward.
- Chin Music Baseball names the 10 worst players of May.
- A’s Farm profiles the Athletics’ top 11 draft picks.
- The K Zone recaps the Mets’ draft.
- Pinstriped Prospects reports on new draftees who have signed with the Yankees.
- Extra Innings breaks down players taken in the MLB draft with European connections.
- STL Hat Trick says the Cardinals should replace hitting coach John Mabry.
- Rays Colored Glasses urges Tampa Bay to embrace a youth movement.
- Mets Daddy explains why the club hasn’t called up first base prospect Peter Alonso.
- Everything Bluebirds calls for honesty from the Blue Jays’ front office.
- Pirates Breakdown lists three quick fixes for the Bucs.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2) wonders which Twins injury is the most frustrating, and profiles Astros minor league pitcher Brock Dykxhoorn.
- Medium is still holding out hope for a David Wright return.
- Friars On Base is excited about the Padres’ offense.
- SportsTalkPhilly.com talks to Willie Schwanke, who was a teammate and then coach of Phillies first-round pick Alec Bohm.
- Rotisserie Duck looks at the best vintage baseball nicknames.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors https://ift.tt/2HzAv2d