This week in baseball blogs…
- A’s Farm talks to Athletics teammates and longtime roommates Matt Olson and Chad Pinder.
- BP Toronto chats with Randal Grichuk and other members of the Blue Jays organization about the right fielder’s first season with the team.
- Forbes interviews Ramón Peña, an accomplished scout who hasn’t been able to land with a team since the Indians parted with him in 2016.
- Rockies Redux wonders if Colorado will be able to keep Nolan Arenado around for the long haul.
- Good Fundies examines Zack Wheeler’s bounce-back season.
- Know Hitter identifies six teams that could make big moves around the trade deadline.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2) reacts to the Yankees’ reported interest in Mike Moustakas, and names players the Twins could pursue if they decide to buy.
- Outfield Fly Rule regards Freddie Freeman as the NL’s most valuable position player so far in 2018.
- Fansided runs down five players the Nationals should look into acquiring.
- Reviewing The Brew outlines and ranks the Brewers’ biggest needs going into the deadline.
- Camden Depot explains how the Orioles should approach the trade deadline, while Jays From the Couch does the same with Toronto.
- Rays Colored Glasses asks if Tampa Bay overvalues its pitchers in trade talks.
- The Point of Pittsburgh looks at how deep the Pirates will need to trade to infuse talent in the system.
- Phillies Nation could see Philly targeting Arenado if it’s unable to land Harper or Manny Machado in free agency.
- Infield Chatter proposes a trade in which the Tigers send Michael Fulmer and Nicholas Castellanos to the Angels.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed says the Mets have to trade Jacob deGrom and Noah Syndergaard.
- Foul Territory delves into potential trade destinations for Machado.
- Pro Baseball Detroit covers No. overall 1 pick Casey Mize’s introduction to the city.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2) opines that the Nationals shouldn’t trade Bryce Harper, and checks in on areas the Phillies could upgrade.
- The First Out At Third isn’t fully buying into Brewers righty Jhoulys Chacin’s success.
- Rising Apple lists three teams that could trade for Jeurys Familia.
- Everything Bluebirds makes an argument for the Blue Jays to sell sooner than later.
- Chin Music Baseball (links: 1, 2) breaks down the 10 best and worst players of June.
- Mets Daddy doesn’t want the club to trade Wilmer Flores.
- Bronx Bomber Ball opines that it’s becoming increasingly difficult for the Yankees to keep Clint Frazier in the minors.
- Notes from the Sally scouts Braves pitching prospects Freddy Tarnok and Huascar Ynoa.
- Friars On Base is encouraged by Hunter Renfroe’s progress.
- Motor City Bengals hands out Tigers midseason awards.
- Pinstriped Prospects chats with Yankees Double-A pitcher Caleb Frare.
- Armchair All-Americans profiles Rays second base prospect Brandon Lowe, while The Runner Sports does the same with Astros draft pick Jacob Billingsley.
- Rotisserie Duck uses RBI percentage to identify the best and worst clutch hitters of the season.
- The Pinch Runner looks at Prince Fielder’s Hall of Fame chances.
- The K Zone takes a look at how hitters fare on their birthdays.
- Chris Zantow rewinds to July 7, 1978, when the Brewers defeated the Yankees’ Ron Guidry during his 25-3 season.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors https://ift.tt/2KZdFDU