This week in baseball blogs….
- PhilliesNation is concerned Philly won’t be able to reel in Manny Machado in free agency if he ends up with the Yankees or Dodgers at this year’s trade deadline.
- Camden Depot considers the idea of the Orioles keeping Machado through the season and letting him walk as a free agent.
- Fansided lists three potential outcomes for the O’s in the Machado sweepstakes.
- 216Stitches opines that the soon-to-be Machado-less Orioles are in for a long rebuild.
- Know Hitter proposes trades involving Machado and others.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2, 3) expects the Yankees to acquire Zach Britton, not Machado, from Baltimore; asks what the Twins should do with Brian Dozier; and shares an interesting piece on Ken Giles.
- The Pinch Runner looks into Nicholas Castellanos’ trade candidacy.
- The Point of Pittsburgh makes a case for the Pirates to trade Felipe Vazquez.
- Always The Jake runs down potential bullpen trade targets for the Indians.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed names 10 players who should but probably won’t be traded.
- theScore discusses mound-visit limits with a handful of major league catchers.
- Fish Stripes analyzes Marlins lefty Adam Conley’s transition from struggling starter to impact reliever and why contending teams are interested in acquiring him.
- Rockies Redux argues that the Rox should mimic the 2015 Royals’ deadline strategy.
- That Ball’s Outta Here and Kings of Kauffman propose a Phillies-Royals trade with Maikel Franco and Mike Moustakas as the headliners.
- Redleg Nation examines which Reds have the nastiest pitches.
- Both Good Fundies and Mets Daddy are frustrated with the Mets, while Rising Apple believes the club could contend in 2019.
- The Sports Tank wonders if the dominant Red Sox will even win a playoff round this year.
- District On Deck takes a look at some of the prospects the Nationals may use to acquire help at the deadline, and why they might appeal to teams.
- Friars On Base doesn’t expect the Red Sox to pry Brad Hand from the Padres.
- Foul Territory doesn’t regard Blake Snell as an All-Star snub.
- Stats Swipe delves into Rangers reliever Jose Leclerc’s quietly excellent season.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2) goes through five trade deadline scenarios for the Yankees and breaks down what lies ahead for Phillies general manager Matt Klentak over the next couple weeks.
- Both Jays From the Couch and Blue Jays From Away check in on Toronto’s offseason additions.
- A’s Farm talks to Athletics special assistant Grady Fuson about some of the team’s top prospects.
- NatsGM has an in-depth scouting report on Nationals infield prospect Luis Garcia.
- Notes from the Sally scouts Cardinals third base prospect Nolan Gorman.
- Infield Chatter sees Braves outfield prospect Drew Waters as a potential star in the making.
- FSH Baseball is bullish on Marlins righty Jose Urena.
- Elite Sports NY focuses on the Mets’ home run problems.
- Rox Pile previews the Rockies’ second-half rotation.
- Everything Bluebirds applauds the Blue Jays for their handling of Joe Biagini.
- Sox on 35th looks back at Disco Demolition Night.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors https://ift.tt/2Lc6POE