This week in baseball blogs…
- M-SABR develops three new metrics to evaluate starting pitching performance.
- Both Infield Chatter and Know Hitter reacts to this week’s Indians-Padres blockbuster.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed asks if Bryce Harper should be a trade candidate.
- Reviewing The Brew ponders which Twin the Brewers should try to acquire – Brian Dozier or Eduardo Escobar.
- Armchair All-Americans wonders what the Reds will do with Scooter Gennett.
- Motor City Bengals explores trade scenarios involving Nicholas Castellanos.
- Good Fundies talks with high-end Mets prospect Peter Alonso.
- Notes from the Sally scouts White Sox prospect Nick Madrigal.
- Outfield Fly Rule proposes a slew of Braves trades.
- Jays From the Couch runs down three possible outcomes for injured star Josh Donaldson.
- Nyrdcast reflects on the Cardinals’ Mike Matheny era and looks ahead to what’s next.
- Pinstriped Prospects ranks the Yankees’ top 100 prospects.
- Pinch Runner focuses on Miles Mikolas’ emergence.
- Stats Swipe analyzes Kyle Hendricks’ struggles.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2) offers a report card on the Yankees’ starting pitchers and checks in on trade possibilities for the Phillies after they came up short in the Manny Machado sweepstakes.
- Mets Daddy argues that whatever the team does with Jacob deGrom has to be part of a larger plan.
- The Point of Pittsburgh looks into potential fits for Josh Harrison.
- The First Out At Third identifies trade targets for the Brewers.
- Off The Bench names players the Reds could trade.
- BP Toronto uses Toronto’s rotation to explain the dangers of hunting for market inefficiencies.
- Rising Apple goes through the 20 biggest disappointments of the Mets’ season.
- Both Joker Mag and Dodgers Way write about the difficulty of projecting prospects.
- Sox On 35th is encouraged by Carlos Rodon’s progress.
- Chin Music Baseball lists 10 players who have already outdone their 2017 performances.
- The Sports Tank takes a look at the four-horse race in the American League.
- MetsMerizedOnline notes that the team’s going to have to figure out how to develop both Alonso and Dominic Smith at Triple-A Las Vegas.
- Rox Pile presents video clips of Nolan Arenado’s top 10 defensive plays.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2, 3) criticizes the Yankees for their handling of Clint Frazier, previews the Twins’ second half and profiles Astros outfield prospect Gilberto Celestino.
- Foul Territory sees some valuable trade chips remaining on the market.
- RSNStats looks at the Red Sox’s prodigious offense, including their chances for surpassing the club’s all-time, single-season grand slam record.
- Rays Colored Glasses assesses Tampa Bay’s season thus far.
- A’s Farm offers a progress report on the team’s top draft picks.
- Everything Bluebirds isn’t content with the Blue Jays being stuck behind the Red Sox and Yankees in the AL East.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors https://ift.tt/2Oanlx9