This week in baseball blogs…
- Good Fundies analyzes Brandon Nimmo’s tremendous 2018.
- Joker Mag focuses on the Angels’ disappointing season and wonders where they’ll go from here.
- Fish Stripes examines the struggles of young Marlins outfielder Magneuris Sierra.
- The K Zone weighs in on the NL Cy Young race.
- The Sports Tank (links: 1, 2) reacts to the Yankees’ acquisition of Andrew McCutchen and the Indians’ Josh Donaldson addition.
- Foul Territory asks if the Red Sox will follow in the footsteps of the 1998 Yankees or the 2001 Mariners.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2) wonders if the Braves will pursue a trade for Buster Posey over the winter, and stacks the Phillies up against the NL West’s top teams.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed argues the Mets should trade both Jacob deGrom and Noah Syndergaard in the offseason.
- Know Hitter opines that the Mariners should try to deal Kyle Seager over the winter.
- Chin Music Baseball notes Alex Bregman’s importance to the Astros’ offense, while The Runner Sports regards him as an AL MVP candidate.
- The Point of Pittsburgh evaluates the white-hot Adam Frazier and how he’s patterning after Jose Ramirez.
- Rotisserie Duck highlights the most disciplined and least disciplined hitters of 2018.
- Notes from the Sally ranks the top five most talented teams in the South Atlantic League.
- Outfield Fly Rule profiles newly promoted Braves pitching prospect Kyle Wright.
- A’s Farm takes a look at the team’s top minor league pitchers – Jesus Luzardo, Parker Dunshee and Brian Howard.
- PhilliesNation points out that Aaron Nola has the highest single-season bWAR for a Phillies pitcher since 1980.
- Jays From the Couch sees a glut of shortstop options in Toronto, which could negatively affect Troy Tulowitzki.
- Reviewing The Brew writes about Christian Yelich’s importance to the Brewers.
- Friars On Base names five post-All-Star break positives for the Padres.
Talking Chop looks at the most recent Liberty Media financial reports and Braves debt.
- The Baseball Rabbi (podcast) explains how the Yankees are leading a pitching revolution.
- Rox Pile asks what the 2019 Rockies might look like.
- Mets Daddy believes the club owes David Wright the chance to return to the majors this season.
- Stats Swipe imagines a playoff scenario in which the majors’ worst teams play for the No. 1 pick.
- Everything Bluebirds has concerns about the Blue Jays’ outfield.
- The Giants Cove has some ideas on how to improve baseball broadcasting.
- Motor City Bengals names the top 10 first basemen in Tigers history.
- Jays Journal wants Toronto to hire Stubby Clapp as its next manager.
- Extra Innings UK shares its Collegiate All-Star Team of European players, along with Player and Pitcher of the Year.
- The Runner Sports responds to this week’s Twins-Cubs trade involving a pair of backup catchers.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors https://ift.tt/2wAsOGx