This week in baseball blogs…
- Rox Pile talks with Rockies lefty Kyle Freeland.
- Halos Heaven argues that Shohei Ohtani deserves AL Rookie of the Year honors.
- Mets Daddy has reactions from the team’s fans on the end of David Wright’s career.
- FSH Baseball analyzes Kevin Gausman’s season.
- PhilliesNation.com looks ahead to a pivotal offseason for the club.
- Notes from the Sally’s John Calvagno ranks the top 50 prospects he saw play this season.
- Everything Bluebirds stacks Vladimir Guerrero Jr.’s campaign up against the minor league seasons Barry Bonds, Albert Pujols, Adrian Beltre, Alex Rodriguez, Miguel Cabrera and Mike Trout had at similar ages.
- Motor City Bengals lists five tasks the Tigers must accomplish in the offseason.
- Bronx to Bushville regards Lorenzo Cain as an NL MVP candidate.
- Know Hitter reflects on the Mariners’ disappointing August.
- Chin Music Baseball (links: 1, 2) breaks down five pitchers who have taken steps forward this year and five who have gone in the wrong direction.
- The K Zone interviews White Sox lefty Caleb Frare.
- NatsGM.com (podcast) chats with Chris Bitters, who’s the general manager of the the Orioles’ South Atlantic League affiliate.
- A’s Farm names its Organizational All-Star Team for 2018.
- Off The Bench opines that the Rays’ Kevin Cash should win AL Manager of the Year.
- Sox On 35th is pleased with Tim Anderson’s defensive progress.
- Pinstriped Prospects asks whether the Yankees are better off with Luke Voit or Tyler Austin.
- Reviewing The Brew believes the Brewers are peaking at the right time.
- The Baseball Rabbi (podcast) asks how important stolen bases really are.
- The Runner Sports explains that Alex Bregman has put himself in impressive company this season.
- Call to the Pen is optimistic about the Phillies’ direction, despite their late-season skid.
- The Giants Cove and Rotisserie Duck each share pieces focusing on statistics.
- Foul Territory takes a look at a pair of NL division races.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors https://ift.tt/2MAvZmx