This week in baseball blogs…
- The K Zone wonders whether playoff experience truly matters.
- Sox On 35th offers a guide to the upcoming free-agent trips of Bryce Harper and Manny Machado for White Sox fans.
- SportsRadio 94 WIP explains how Jake Arrieta and Carlos Santana could provide value to the Phillies in the offseason.
- Reviewing The Brew compares Christian Yelich’s 2018 campaign to teammate Ryan Braun’s 2011 MVP season.
- Chin Music Baseball lists eight hitters who posted solid home run totals this year despite high groundball rates.
- Know Hitter asks if the Rangers should consider trading Nomar Mazara.
- The Pinch Runner sees Franmil Reyes as the most underrated rookie of 2018.
- The Point of Pittsburgh looks at which Pirates overachieved and underachieved based on preseason projections.
- Minor League Ball chronicles Jose Ramirez’s path to stardom.
- Fish Stripes analyzes the effect infield coach Perry Hill has had on the Marlins.
- Gaslamp Ball explains that minor league pitching coach Burt Hooton has been “invaluable” to the Padres.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2) takes an objective look at the MVP races and examines potential trade pieces for the Phillies.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed looks at which team stats World Series-winning clubs have in common.
- The Giants Cove argues that the team must change its culture.
- Jays From the Couch doesn’t expect Toronto keep Yangervis Solarte.
- Rising Apple grades the Mets’ 2018 outfielders.
- A’s Farm offers a preview of the Athletics’ Arizona Fall League team.
- Bronx to Bushville writes that this is “the new age of Milwaukee Brewers baseball.”
- Foul Territory examines the new system of “opener” pitchers.
- Baseball Rabbi (podcast) discusses several topics, including the 2018 success of the A’s, Jacob deGrom and Blake Snell, and how the weak AL Central may have affected two NL Central playoff teams – the Brewers and Cubs.
- North Shore Nine (podcast) wraps up the Pirates’ season and looks ahead to 2019.
- Rox Pile lauds Matt Holliday for his importance to this year’s Rockies.
- Everything Bluebirds identifies some starting pitchers the Blue Jays could pursue in free agency.
- Mets Critic runs down the club’s in-house first base options for next year.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2) examines the Twins’ managerial candidates and Astros outfielder Myles Straw’s role.
- Rotisserie Duck previews the Arizona Fall League.
- Motor City Bengals names three Tigers prospects who took notable steps forward in 2018.
- Pinstriped Prospects has the latest on the Yankees’ instructional league players.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors https://ift.tt/2C2Uojl