This week in baseball blogs…
- Statsswipe explains why Trea Turner could be in for an NL MVP-caliber season.
- Reviewing The Brew looks ahead to reigning NL MVP Christian Yelich’s 2019.
- Wander Rays regards the playoffs as a realistic possibility for Tampa Bay in 2019.
- Fish Stripes identifies all of the key executives Derek Jeter has brought into the Marlins’ front office to lead their rebuild.
- Mets Daddy lays out why each team needs Bryce Harper.
- Sox On 35th ponders what the White Sox will do if they miss out on both Harper and Manny Machado.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed wonders what would have happened had Mike Trout not signed an extension with the Angels in 2014.
- Chipalatta is pleased the Astros are moving Collin McHugh back to their rotation.
- East Village Times delves into Franmil Reyes’ 2018 Statcast numbers.
- The Fro Zone grades a pair of blockbuster offseason trades.
- Chin Music Baseball evaluates potential landing spots for the game’s top remaining free agents.
- Rising Apple hands out grades for each of the Mets’ free-agent signings.
- Prospect Universe lists one current or future trade candidate for each AL team.
- The Dugout Online names one underrated prospect at each position who’s worth watching in 2019.
- The Point of Pittsburgh looks at some of the nastiest pitches by 2018 Pirate hurlers in GIF form.
- Call to the Pen sees a four-way battle shaping up in the NL East.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2, 3) reacts to the Yankees’ Troy Tulowitzki signing, examines the Twins’ depth chart, and views LSU outfielder Zach Watson as a possible 2019 draft target for the Astros.
- Around the Bases with Julian Bussells (podcast) discusses Tulowitzki and chats with Yankees PA announcer Paul Olden.
- The 3rd Man In explains how the legendary Ken Griffey Jr. has helped 2019 draft prospect Hylan Hall.
- District on Deck highlights six Nationals who could break out in 2019.
- Bronx to Bushville believes the 2019 season will be a pivotal one for Brewers shortstop Orlando Arcia.
- Jays From the Couch examines Brandon Drury’s short- and long-term fit in Toronto.
- Foul Territory argues that Mariano Rivera is unquestionably a first-ballot Hall of Famer.
- Notes from the Sally previews the 2019 Columbia Fireflies, the Mets’ South Atlantic League club.
- Rox Pile asks when Brendan Rodgers could join the Rockies.
- Rotisserie Duck pays tribute to the former players who passed away in 2018.
- Pinstriped Prospects (links: 1, 2) ranks the Yankees’ top five right- and left-handed pitching prospects.
- Mets Critic is concerned about the team’s lack of starting depth.
- Extra Innings UK breaks down the rosters of the prospect-laden Don’t Blink Home Run Derby in Paradise, with Bo Bichette going No. 1 ahead of Lewis Brinson, Jazz Chisholm, and Jonathan India.
- The K Zone delves into how each AL West team got its name.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors http://bit.ly/2RuzGAY