This week in baseball blogs…
- The Point of Pittsburgh wonders whether the slow offseason is good business or corporate greed.
- Mets Daddy finds it “troubling” that Yasmani Grandal had to settle for a one-year deal.
- Reviewing The Brew believes acquiring Madison Bumgarner would be a mistake for the Brewers.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2, 3) argues the Brewers make sense for Bumgarner, sees free agent Clay Buchholz as a potential bargain, and explores the options on the table for the Phillies.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2) reacts to the Yankees’ signing of DJ LeMahieu and profiles Astros prospect Jairo Solis.
- Mets Critic responds to the club’s Jed Lowrie signing.
- Adkins On Sports explains why Reds fans should be excited about Luis Castillo.
- Halos Heaven examines the history of the Angels’ bullpen under general manager Billy Eppler.
- East Village Times focuses on Eric Hosmer’s 2018 struggles.
- Know Hitter asks if the Reds’ offseason moves will pay off.
- PhilliesNation looks at how Anthony Rendon extension talks with the Nationals could affect the Phillies in a variety of ways.
- Chin Music Baseball (links: 1, 2) identifies six hitters and pitchers with plenty to prove in 2019.
- Prospect Universe names one present or future trade candidate for each NL team.
- Tomahawk Take lists the five best relief options left for the Braves.
- The First Out At Third expects Travis Shaw to vie for an All-Star nod in 2019.
- Everything Bluebirds hopes the Blue Jays target Nationals outfielder Adam Eaton.
- Chipalatta takes a look at the years Carlos Correa and Jose Altuve had in 2018.
- The 3rd Man In profiles and interviews 2019 draft prospect Daniel Espino.
- Notes from the Sally previews the 2019 Delmarva Shorebirds, the Orioles’ South Atlantic League team.
- WanderRays analyzes new Rays hurler Oliver Drake.
- Bronx to Bushville argues the Phillies should avoid spending “stupid money.”
- Rotisserie Duck evaluates which pitchers had the best stuff in 2018.
- Rising Apple focuses on the Mets’ “new approach.”
- CheckSwings (links: 1, 2) conducts a mock expansion draft.
- Rox Pile takes a look at how re-signing Nolan Arenado would affect the Rockies’ payroll.
- Bronx Bomber Ball has a piece on the Yankees’ 2019 bounce-back candidates.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed proposes some bad contract swap trades.
- Foul Territory writes that “ownership is content to let the game degenerate into a boring home run, strikeout contest.”
- Around the Bases with Julian Bussells (podcast) talks about the likelihood of a future strike and chats with Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- The Fro Zone hands out grades for some recent free-agent signings.
- Pinstriped Prospects ranks the Yankees’ top five starting pitching prospects.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors http://bit.ly/2ssrD9r