This week in baseball blogs…
- Good Fundies implores the Mets to upgrade the back end of their rotation.
- Know Hitter wants the Tigers to trade for Joc Pederson.
- Pinstripe Alley isn’t pleased with the Yankees’ Sonny Gray trade.
- The Dugout Online regards two-way players as the next evolution of baseball.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed tries to fix the CBA and make things better for the players.
- Fish Stripes reflects on last winter’s Marlins-Brewers trade centering on Christian Yelich.
- Chin Music Baseball names the best and worst players of the decade thus far.
- Jays From the Couch talks with Blue Jays prospect Cavan Biggio.
- The 3rd Man In profiles and interviews young catcher Shea Langeliers, who could be the top pick in this summer’s draft.
- Foul Territory lists five teams that should sign Manny Machado.
- District On Deck lists four players who could be X-factors for the 2019 Nationals.
- Chipalatta looks at the Astros’ potential lineup for 2019.
- Statsswipe asks whether Corbin Burnes or Brandon Woodruff will have the better 2019 season.
- Cubbies Crib examines Carl Edwards’ 2018.
- Hardball Via Hardcore shares a pre-spring state of the Mariners address.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2, 3) praises the Rangers’ signing of Asdrubal Cabrera, wonders if any of the Phillies’ relievers will become trade bait, and ranks the top 10 fantasy baseball catchers for 2019.
- Wander Rays ranks Tampa Bay’s 10 best right-handed pitching prospects.
- Notes from the Sally previews the 2019 Greensboro Grasshoppers, the Pirates South Atlantic League team..
- A’s Farm offers updates on some of the team’s top pitching prospects including Jesus Luzardo, A.J. Puk, Grant Holmes and James Kaprielian.
- East Village Times delves into Padres pitching prospect Chris Paddack’s 2018 statistics.
- Mets Critic disputes the notion that Jeff McNeil is now an outfielder.
- Rising Apple sees McNeil as one of a few Mets who could break out this year.
- Rotisserie Duck reviews the 2018 leaders of several important stats.
- The Giants Cove attempts to shoot down some familiar baseball cliches.
- Everything Bluebirds expects a big year out of Randal Grichuk.
- The Point of Pittsburgh examines Barry Bonds’ chances at getting inducted into the Hall of Fame in the future.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2, 3) reacts to the Hall of Fame elections of Mariano Rivera and Mike Mussina, and the two newest members of the Twins’ HOF, and profiles Astros prospect Ryan Hartman
- Mets Daddy writes that “Hall of Fame standards have been driven down.”
- Phillies Nation searches for the club’s next Hall of Famer.
- Pinstriped Prospects (links: 1, 2) ranks the Yankees’ top five prospects at both shortstop and third base.
- Jays Journal has a piece on the worst trades in the history of the Blue Jays.
- Reviewing the Brew (links: 1, 2) presents arguments for and against the Brewers’ new stadium naming rights deal with American Family Insurance.
- The K Zone explains how each NL Central team got its name.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors http://bit.ly/2S9J8dd