This week in baseball blogs…
- CheckSwings breaks down where teams got their value in 2018.
- M-SABR builds an all-star team of players who posted the lowest out-of-zone swing percentages last season.
- Halos Heaven explains how 2019 can go right or wrong for Kole Calhoun.
- Statsswipe recaps Orlando Arcia’s 2018 and previews his upcoming campaign.
- Chipalatta shares an offseason view of AL super powers.
- Pinstriped Prospects ranks the Yankees’ 100 best prospects.
- The Dugout Online opines on the most disappointing prospects of the decade.
- The Giants Cove pays tribute to Peter Magowan.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed calls the Cubs’ offseason “unacceptable.”
- East Village Times only sees J.T. Realmuto as a sensible trade target for the Padres if they sign Manny Machado.
- Rox Pile offers four big questions and bold predictions centering on the Rockies.
- Rising Apple compares the Mets’ infield to the rest of the NL East.
- SportsRadio 94 WIP (podcast) talks to FanGraphs’ Jay Jaffe about who might go into the Hall of Fame as a Phillie next.
- Chin Music Baseball names six relievers who have plenty to prove this season.
- Fish Stripes spotlights Rays prospect Jack Labosky and his unconventional off-field living situation.
- Mets Daddy uses the case of ex-Mets prospect Christian Montgomery to caution fans against rooting for players who have been accused of domestic violence.
- The 3rd Man In profiles and interviews high-end draft prospect Graeme Stinson.
- Notes from the Sally previews the 2019 Greenville Drive, the Red Sox’s South Atlantic League team.
- Reviewing The Brew wonders asks how Jesus Aguilar will follow up his breakout 2018.
- Adkins On Sports wonders how a healthy Clint Frazier will fare this year.
- Everything Bluebirds approves of the Blue Jays’ signing of Freddy Galvis.
- The Point of Pittsburgh says the Pirates’ farm has some potential hidden gems within it.
- The K Zone regards Ryan Schimpf as an intriguing buy-low candidate.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2) explores ways musicians have honored Jackie Robinson, and takes a look at the Twins’ uncertain catching situation.
- Foul Territory discusses top prospects and some of the latest headlines from around the game.
- Around the Foghorn revisits Bobby Evans’ tenure as the Giants’ GM.
- Call to the Pen examines Matt Klentak’s history of pitching acquisitions.
- Rotisserie Duck highlights several left-handed hitters who struggled against southpaws in 2018 and several who didn’t.
- Foul Territory (podcast) discusses top prospects and some of the latest headlines from around the game.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors http://bit.ly/2RxKoCE