This week in baseball blogs…
- Know Hitter argues that the Angels should go all-in during Mike Trout’s last two years of team control.
- Phillies Nation reacts to the team’s acquisition of J.T. Realmuto.
- Bronx to Bushville makes a case for the Brewers to sign Marwin Gonzalez.
- Redleg Nation remembers Frank Robinson.
- Clubhouse Corner’s Bernie Pleskoff, a former scout, ranks the 50 best prospects in baseball.
- Radio Scouts orders the Blue Jays’ top 50 prospects.
- The Point of Pittsburgh uses their internal metric, Stat Scout Line, to grade the Pirates’ farm into tiers.
- Foul Territory seeks a team for Craig Kimbrel.
- theScore details a week at umpire school.
- CheckSwings searches for players who could fill super-utility roles in 2019.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed lists five teams that should be trying to sign Bryce Harper and Manny Machado.
- STL Hat Trick examines each NL Central team’s situation at first base.
- Rising Apple makes five bold predictions for the 2019 Mets.
- Pinstripe Alley believes DJ LeMahieu could end up as the Yankees’ most important offseason signing.
- Getting You Through the Tigers Rebuild comes up with five bold trade-related predictions for Detroit.
- Rotisserie Duck opines on which hitters will have the best seasons in 2019.
- East Village Times writes that Mike Moustakas would be a solid Plan B for the Padres if they’re unable to sign Machado.
- Birds Watcher runs down the Orioles’ top 10 prospects.
- Bucs Dugout wonders if the Pirates can revive Francisco Liriano’s slider.
- Mets Daddy advises Jacob deGrom to hold out if the team doesn’t extend him.
- SportsRadio 94 WIP discusses Phillies manager Gabe Kapler with outfielder Roman Quinn.
- Jays From the Couch talks with Toronto right-hander Joe Biagini.
- Halos Heaven interviews Angels righty Noe Ramirez.
- Rox Pile predicts the Rockies’ Opening Day roster.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2) doesn’t expect the Yankees to find a taker for Jacoby Ellsbury, and explains how Alex Bregman is built to hit.
- Reviewing The Brew dives into Corbin Burnes’ potential as a starter in this year’s Brewers rotation.
- Chin Music Baseball names one player from each team who’s worth watching during the spring.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2, 3) has a piece on the five worst contracts in the league, explores options for the Phillies’ bullpen, and believes the Mets would benefit from the NL adding the DH.
- Statsswipe has hope for new Brewer Josh Tomlin.
- Chipalatta responds to the Astros’ signing of Wade Miley.
- Mets Critic looks at possible backup shortstops for the club.
- Wander Rays lists Tampa Bay’s top 10 shortstop prospects.
- Extra Innings (links: 1, 2) covered the Pan-American Games Qualifier, which featured 17 major leaguers and a few prospects, and released its annual calendar of international baseball tournaments.
- Jays Journal checks on where ex-Blue Jays have landed heading into the upcoming season.
- Around the Bases with Julian Bussells (podcast) recaps the Hall of Fame class and talks with Eastern Mennonite University graduate assistant coach Nic Love.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors http://bit.ly/2TIJDII