This week in baseball blogs…
- The Dugout sees Marwin Gonzalez as a perfect fit for the Indians.
- East Village Times weighs in on the Padres’ pursuits of Bryce Harper and Manny Machado.
- The Runner Sports reacts to Luis Severino’s extension.
- Wander Rays addresses comments Madison Bumgarner and Jeff Samardzija have recently made regarding “the opener.”
- Adkins On Sports questions why the Athletics took the risk of drafting Kyler Murray.
- Mets Daddy explains how Jacob deGrom’s contract talks could affect Noah Syndergaard.
- Statswipe looks at which players dropped off the most in terms of fWAR last season.
- Chin Music Baseball (links: 1, 2) names six dark-horse MVP and Cy Young candidates.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed spotlights potential surprise players for 2019.
- Chipalatta lists 10 Astros questions.
- Know Hitter tries to find a shortstop for the Brewers.
- Clubhouse Corner ranks all 30 farm system.
- The Giants Cove isn’t enamored of the club’s pursuit of Harper.
- Phillies Nation focuses on a potential union between the team and Craig Kimbrel.
- Rotisserie Duck highlights the best defenders in the game.
- Getting You Through the Tigers Rebuild has a couple trade ideas for Detroit and Seattle.
- Foul Territory writes that James Paxton could be the Yankees’ biggest difference maker in 2019.
- The Point of Pittsburgh says that by speeding up certain Pirate pitchers, it may actually slow them down.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2, 3) ranks the game’s top 10 second basemen, grades Brodie Van Wagenen’s big offseason moves and wonders if the Phillies will address their righty-heavy lineup.
- CN24-7.com expects a big year from Kolten Wong.
- Rox Pile runs down potential surprises for the Rockies’ season-opening roster.
- Rising Apple takes a look at the Mets’ spring position battles.
- The 3rd Man In profiles draft prospect Andrew Vaughn.
- Notes from the Sally previews the 2019 Hickory Crawdads, the Rangers’ South Atlantic League team.
- SportsRadio 94 WIP examines how Matt Klentak views the Phillies’ offseason.
- The 3rd Man In notes that Brent Suter had difficulty against pitchers last year.
- Mets Critic wonders if the club will give its rookies a chance this year.
- Everything Bluebirds isn’t pleased with how the Blue Jays have handled Ryan Tepera this offseason.
- Extra Innings UK releases its annual calendar of every international competition for 2019, with tournaments on six continents and plenty of future major leaguers to be discovered around the world.
- Pinstriped Prospects shares the schedule for Yankees minor league spring training.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors http://bit.ly/2BDYWLK