This week in baseball blogs…
- Adkins On Sports delves into Luis Castillo’s early season excellence.
- Chin Music Baseball highlights Castillo and six other pitchers with surging strikeout rates.
- The Dugout opines that Cody Bellinger could be on the fast track to becoming MLB’s second-best player.
- Foul Territory wonders why anyone would pitch to Mike Trout.
- Fish Stripes makes a case for the Marlins to option struggling outfielder Lewis Brinson to the minors.
- BaseballProspectJournal.com shares a first-round mock draft.
- Chipalatta checks in on the projected AL superpowers.
- Rox Pile looks ahead to the trade deadline for the Rockies.
- Notes from the Sally scouts Braves pitching prospects Trey Riley and Victor Vodnik.
- Joker Mag notes the adversity Julio Urias has overcome.
- Pinstripe Alley lauds the Yankees’ starting pitching.
- Everything Bluebirds argues that the Blue Jays’ rebuild appears “far ahead of schedule.”
- Call to the Pen compares the Phillies and Mets.
- A’s Farm runs down the top-performing pitching prospects in Oakland’s system.
- Mets Daddy agrees with MLB’s decision to suspend Jacob Rhame.
- Baseball Rabbi (podcast) discusses Domingo Santana, Boston’s 1975-80 outfield, and other topics.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors http://bit.ly/2UGwKih