This week in baseball blogs…
- theScore observes that opposing pitchers are starting to treat Mike Trout like Barry Bonds.
- The Point of Pittsburgh analyzes Chris Archer’s two-seamer struggles.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed reacts to the Cubs’ Kimbrel signings and takes a look at other closer situations around the majors.
- Notes from the Sally recaps Mariners outfield prospect Jarred Kelenic’s South Atlantic League stint.
- East Village Times delves into MacKenzie Gore’s excellence in the California League.
- Chin Music Baseball (links: 1, 2) names the 10 best and worst players of May.
- Joker Mag focuses on the thriving Tommy La Stella.
- Infield Shift highlights La Stella and other players the Braves lost during their rebuild.
- Rising Apple looks at the Mets’ long-term center field options.
- Call to the Pen notes the Phillies have in-house bullpen reinforcements on the way.
- Chipalatta examines the Astros’ outfield logjam.
- Pinstriped Prospects interviews Yankees second-round pick Josh Smith.
- Phillies Nation talks to former coaches of Philly’s 2019 first-round pick, Bryson Stott.
- Baseball Prospect Journal previews the top prospects for the 2020 draft.
- Mets Daddy notes that, with respect to first-round drafting, general manager Brodie Van Wagenen has a tough act to follow in predecessor Sandy Alderson.
- A’s Farm runs down the team’s top 10 picks in this year’s amateur draft.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2) responds to Max Kepler’s three-home run game and writes about the Astros’ speed.
- Giants Cove and Complete Game Loss each share stat-centric pieces.
- Rox Pile opines on where Coors Field ranks among the major’s “gimmicky” ballparks.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors http://bit.ly/2KBbsRz